See what’s happening at ABC Hospice!
- On-going Activities
- Children's Camp - July 10-11
- Volunteer Orientation - September 15
- Light Up a Life - December 4
Check out our on-going support groups for families coping with illness and loss. The person you care for does not need to be enrolled in hospice.
- Family Caregiver Evening Support Group:
1st and 3rd Mondays
5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Congregational Church
200 Adams St. Eugene, OR 97405
Meet with others who are caring for an ailing loved one. Gain valuable tips and insights as we support each other through the ups and downs of family caregiving.
- Lunch-and-Learn for Family Caregivers
2nd Monday of the Month
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Come enjoy a meal and meet other family caregivers courtesy of Good Neighbor Assisted Living. Members of our staff will share topics of interest to families, such as coping with memory loss, Veteran programs, creating an advance directive, and understanding the elder care network. Space is limited and pre-registration is required so we will know how many to cook for! Please contact 707-477-0700 to reserve your spot.
- Bereavement Support Group (mornings):
2nd Wednesday of the month
10:00 – 11:30 a.m. at ABC Hospice
For anyone who has experienced the loss of a loved one through illness, suicide, accident or crime.
- Teen Bereavement Group (6th – 12th grade)
4th Wednesday of the month
3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Public Library, Meeting Room 1
2200 11th Ave. Eugene, OR 97401
Whether it’s a grandparent, parent, sibling or friend, teens experiencing a loss are welcome to come to this group where we will use art projects and rap poetry to explore the wide range of emotions, from anger to embarrassment, sadness and guilt.
Children's Camp - July 10-11
Every summer children who have experienced a loss are welcome to come to our free bereavement camp to enjoy sports, art and music activities with periodic opportunities to share thoughts and feelings about the person in their lives who has died. The camp is staff by trained volunteers sensitive to the special needs of children coping with grief. Many are people who experienced the early loss of a parent or grandparent themselves. The tone is upbeat with gentle acknowledgement of grief as a shared experience for all the campers. To learn more, call 707-477-0700.Return to top
Volunteer Orientation - September 15
Have you experienced the wonderful support of hospice? Do you like the work that we do? You can join us a volunteer. We have many different kinds of tasks we need help with. Perhaps there is something you would enjoy doing:
- Clerical Help: Filing, writing cards of appreciation…
- Delivery of medicines: Sometimes it’s just too difficult for families to get out to pick up prescriptions from the pharmacy.
- Help with events: From our Light-Up-a-Life event in December, to our summer bereavement camp for kids, there’s lots to do behind the scenes and at the event itself. You get to choose what appeals to you!
- Respite for family caregivers: With a little training, you can help families by giving the primary caregiver a few hours off once a week. You may just need to bring a book and be available to help with a sip of water or to fluff up a pillow. Perhaps you will read a book, or scriptures for a patient desiring this type of support. Or you may end up having conversations with the patient, helping with a life review or just talking.
- Bereavement support: Those who have been through the death of a loved one know how tender the emotions can be, right away, and for months after. With some training, you can help the hospice team with bereavement support groups and telephone calls at significant milestones in the grieving journey.
Learn more about volunteer opportunities at our Volunteer Orientation
September 15, 12:00 – 1:30
123 Main Street, Sebastopol, CA, 95472
For more information about volunteering, contact us at 707-477-0700Return to top
Light Up a Life - December 4
Join us from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. on December 4th at the town plaza where we will hold a holiday remembrance of those who have passed, lighting up a tree and expressing our gratitude and appreciation. Names will be read and songs will be sung!
This event is a benefit to support ABC Hospice and the fund set up to help those families who do not have insurance to cover the cost of hospice. No one is turned away at ABC Hospice for inability to pay. Your donations help us keep hospice available for everyone.
Want to have your loved one remembered at the Tree Lighting Ceremony?
Give us a call at 707-477-0700 or fill out the donation form at [***Link to your online donation page***].